Monday, October 5, 2009

Homosexuality and the Holy Book

I am finished with the biblical justification of oppressing homosexuals in the same manner that has been used to oppress women and other cultural, racial and religious representations within society for as long as we have known.

I will make it one of my life's goals, if need be, to speak more openly about it in order to point out it's hypocrisy.

This is not a statement of blasphemy toward the faithful, but rather an open dialogue for greater understanding on how we all interpret religious books in order to justify current belief systems that wholly undermines basic human decency.

For every verse you preach openly that speaks out against homosexuality, I have verses, ten-fold, that preach against your own personal hypocrisy...

Try me.

1 comment:

  1. It's a no-brainer for me that human decency should trump most, if not all beliefs. But maybe the strong distaste for humanistic ideals is because some of the original (and current) humanists denounced god altogether, thus their entire message was thrown out as blasphemy (I'm only speculating, I haven't read the whole Humanism wikipedia article).

    So maybe it's all motivated by a slippery slope argument: permitting homosexuality is a road to godlessness? (I agree, slides are fun, but too many people like slippery slope arguments.)

    ReplyDelete